8FD Designs, located in Decatur, Texas, owns a 32,000 sq. foot production shop, which enables them to perform a wide range of capabilities.
8FD’s Capabilities Include
- Full-scale Woodworking Shop
- Welding Shop and Forge
- Sheet Metal Shop
- Spraying Room
- Framing Room
- Screen Printing
- Vinyl Cutting
- Digital Printing
- Laser Cutting
- As a production shop, 8FD relies on a large number of dedicated machines to straight-line, rip and glue up rough lumber. The lumber is then cut, routed, formed shaped drilled and sanded into individual products.
- Metal items are cut, forged, bent, rolled, punched drilled, tumbled, twisted, cleaned, acid washed and finished.
- Laser machines are used to cut shapes and letters out of wood, acrylic, leather, fabric and paper. The laser machines are also used to mark and engrave these materials.
- On most products, finishing begins in a 240 sq. foot spray room, followed up with hand finishing techniques including glazing, distressing layering, oiling, waxing and clear coating.
- Lastly, products are decorated using applied letters and shapes, screen-printing, pad printing, stencils, clear films and printed papers.
8FD is able to combine all of these capabilities to provide their clients with endless, uniquely suited products.